Maurten Gel 100 CAF 100 Pack (6x40g)
Pack = 6 gels (i.e. 3,81 € / gel)
Energy encapsulated in a natural hydrogel.
Each serving contains 100 mg of caffeine and provides 25 grams of carbohydrates.
Built with seven ingredients - no added colorings, preservatives or flavors.
100 CAF 100 GEL contains 100 mg of caffeine - it's the equivalent of 1,5 espresso - or a cup of prepared coffee. It's a lot compared to a lot of traditional gels. It delivers 25 grams of carbohydrates in a unique blend of fructose and glucose (0,8 ratio: 1). It offers a high weight / energy ratio and contains no added aroma, preservative or colorant. Like all our products, he is vegan.
Use 100 CAF 100 GEL alone for short periods of time or combine with other Maurten products to ensure you have enough carbs throughout your session.
Caffeine has been shown to promote alertness and reduce perceived effort and pain. These are properties that can be beneficial in sports performance. CAF 100 100 GEL can be used to increase caffeine levels - alone, in combination with other sources of caffeine, such as regular coffee - or to achieve sufficient levels of caffeine during physical activity.
QUANTITY OF CARBOHYDRATES
It is well known that our body can use about 60 grams of carbohydrate ingested per hour, in the form of glucose or maltodextrin (glucose polymer). The use of a combination of fructose and 0,5 glucose / maltodextrin: 1 can absorb up to 90 grams per hour. More recent studies have shown that an increase in the fructose content, higher than 0,5: 1, allows an even higher absorption. CAF 100 100 GEL is based on a fructose / glucose ratio of 0,8: 1. One serving contains 25 grams of carbohydrates.
How to use the product
Developing a nutritional strategy for races or key sessions is complex. Everyone is different, and the rate of absorption and metabolism of caffeine varies from one individual to another.
The maximum concentration of caffeine is usually reached within 60 minutes, but normally takes from 3 to 5 at half hours. It is important to consider two other important factors: 1) your body weight and 2) your caffeine intake. Science suggests a contribution of 3 mg of caffeine per kilogram of body weight to improve performance. But again, it's very individual.
Maurten has developed general guidelines for using 100 CAF 100 GEL, based on their own results and scientific literature:
DURATION <1 HOUR
- This strategy would require 1 portion of GEL 100 CAF 100.
- BEFORE: A beneficial level of caffeine can be achieved by consuming about 200 mg before activity. To do this, consume, for example, a cup of coffee in the hours preceding the event and a 100 CAF 100 GEL during your warm-up.
- WHILE: No consumption is necessary.
DURATION <2 HOURS
- This strategy would require 2 3 servings (depending on body weight) of GEL 100 CAF 100.
- BEFORE: aim to consume 200 mg of caffeine before the activity. This simply results in the consumption of two 100 CAF 100 GELs. For an event of about two hours, having a CAF 100 100 GEL during warm-up is a convenient way to increase caffeine levels - and to fuel carbohydrate levels at the same time. Remember that 100 CAF 100 GEL contains 25 grams of carbohydrates.
- WHILEAfter about thirty minutes of activity, consume another 100 CAF 100 GEL to make sure you keep your caffeine level at a steady level. Do not forget to replenish carbohydrates. Try to consume 30 at 60 grams of carbs per hour.
TIME 2-6 HOURS
- This strategy would require 2 to 4 servings (depending on the duration and weight) of GEL 100 CAF 100.
- BEFORE: Consume 200 mg of caffeine in the hours leading up to the event.
- WHILEAfter about thirty minutes of activity, consume another 100 CAF 100 GEL to make sure you keep your caffeine level at a steady level. Try to consume 100 CAF 100 GEL every two hours to maintain caffeine levels. Do not forget to replenish carbohydrates - either using 100 GEL, drinking Drink Mix 160 or Drink Mix 320. It's ambitious, but targets a consumption of about 60 to 90 grams of carbs per hour.
These guidelines are simplified and should only be used as a general rule. Caffeine is not for everyone. If you have any doubt or are pregnant, consult a doctor. And always keep in mind that it's pointless to push your caffeine intake. You can never compensate for training and over-consumption will not help you.
Water, glucose, fructose, calcium carbonate, caffeine, gluconic acid, sodium alginate
Colissimo / Mondial Relay: if order before 9:00 am, departure the same day (except Mondial Relay on Monday - no transport)
GLS at home: if order before 14 p.m. departure the same day
As an indication, here are the delivery times (hours / working days, after shipment):
Colissimo: 24h - 48h
Mondial Relay: 36 - 72h (note Mondial Relay on Monday - no transport)
GLS at home: BE-LU DE-NL: 24h - 48h - FRANCE: 36h - 72h
To always serve you better, we negotiate attractive rates with professionals of the transport of goods.
Based on 9 opinions
A value on nothing to report it's a great product
A gel at the top! Slightly more bitter than the version without CAF, the taste remains very neutral and you do not taste it for long minutes. Great ease of absorption, consistency of softer teddy bear candy, allows good management of breathing and ingestion. Leaves almost no sweet feeling in the mouth unlike other gels that require you to drink a lot! Recommended and adopted by my entourage too!
Neutral taste, easy to take on the go. Perfect.
Very good product, true to its reputation !!!
Excellent gel that breaks down perfectly when swallowed. Hyper digestible and gives a good boost.
top 1st time I used this type of product on a race and it was really top like a miracle :-)
Coffee gel has exactly the same texture as "normal" gel. The taste is slightly more bitter (like caffeine in fact). I find these Maurten gels very practical and effective. Over time I adapted my use. The sachet opens very easily, I take about half of the gel and fold the sachet to take the other half later. I thus spread the setting of the gels by dividing the spacing in 2, that is to say a half gel every 20 min approximately. On my last marathon it turned out to be a winner with no gastric discomfort!!